An open SDK to quickly connect your IoT devices.
Presto is the fastest way to get unified connectivity to the cloud. Use our open source SDK, comprehensive APIs and developer console for free! Manufacturers can Internet-enable any device, and with open APIs and an open developer console, it’s extremely easy to get connected. Presto also connects to other clouds through cloud-to-cloud integrations and OAuth 2.0, and can even connect with devices that are already shipping in market by teaching Presto how to speak that device’s language. Once connected, manufacturers can take advantage of the upper layers in the Internet of Things stack.
Presto’s key features:
- HTTP GET and POST to send measurements and receive commands.
- Both JSON and XML support, it’s the developer’s choice.
- Bi-directional data streams with very low bandwidth, usually
less than 50 bytes per minute.
- NAT and firewall penetration.
- Synchronization in 0.25 – 0.50 second latency.
- Online and offline recognition of devices and people.
- Automatic data correction and filters.
- Vector measurements with Hot, Medium, and Cold bucket data, for maximum database efficiency.
- 2048-bit SSL encryption and bi-directional authentication.
- Manage dropped connections and reliably deliver missed messages.
- Marshal message delivery to low capability devices, keeping device costs low.
- Broadcast and unicast messaging, sharing a single pipe.
- Optional WebSockets for instantaneous delivery of data.
- RTMPS and RTSP streaming protocols to connect IP cameras of all types.
- Capture, encrypt, and store large files and media.
A deployable cloud server to enable personalized IoT services.
Symphony is a carrier-grade cloud server that includes family and community social networks, e-commerce, and a rules engine which can all be deployed into any data center.
Why is Symphony important?
- Harmony delivers an engaging customer experience that encourages sharing, competition, cooperation, and social commerce.
- Composer future-proofs organizations by enabling smart learning, data analytics, and a new service creation environment.
Harmony Social Engagement Layer
Harmony implements the social and behavioral psychology mechanisms required to deliver an extremely powerful and engaging customer experience. Harmony enables customer interaction, sharing, competition, cooperation, and social commerce. Harmony enables Trusted Social Networks and Community Social Networks, and shifts the user experience from individual smart homes to collective smart communities. Uniquely, Harmony also bridges IoT with popular social networks, such as Twitter and Facebook.
Trusted Social Networks are like a neighborhood watch program, enabling users to share events from their home from specific devices with people they trust, typically while they’re away or on vacation. Another form of a Trusted Social Network enables caregivers to all participate in taking care of a loved one, and receive alerts if that person falls or hasn’t taken their medicine.
Community Social Networks are for communities and neighborhoods. We connect people who may be physically nearby each other, but may not necessarily know each other directly. There are many benefits to doing so, including the powerful behavior-modification strategies that can be employed across a population. For example, an energy engagement program employs the following psychology strategies based on the formation of a Community Social Network:
- Social Proof – People want to do what others like them are doing. Harmony enables groups of users to see what others are doing, as well as share their own experiences.
- Motivational Bridges – Motivational bridges reward good habit-forming behaviors and word-of-mouth advertising with points, which translates into meaningful rewards.
- Goal Setting & Public Commitment – Setting attainable goals that are worthy enough is proven to motivate people to make lifestyle changes. Making goals public, rather than private, increases the likelihood they will be achieved. Accountability is key, and a fun way to merge community and goal-setting together.
- Incentives and Competition – Winning a competition is a prize unto itself – status – and competitions inherently incorporate aspects of social proof and goal setting. Competitions can range from living healthier lives or being in touch with your home environment, to being an active promoter of smart home service to others.
Composer Smart Learning Analytics & Automation
Composer is a real-time big data and smart learning services engine. Simply put, this is the foundation for an application development and soon app stores for the Internet of Things – which will add new value and features for residential and business customers. The power of Composer lies in its ability to enable data scientists and developers to creatively develop apps on top of any Internet-connected device. Unlike a mobile app, apps for the Internet of Things run 24/7 in the background of user’s lives. The app store of the future will not be in-your-face on a mobile screen, but operate silently in the background to automate tasks, notify users of important events, generate monthly reports, learn a user’s or appliance’s patterns and behaviors, and connect service providers with their customer base without being over-alerted.
Today, Composer enables developers to create apps for connected devices in the very popular scripting language, Python. With appropriate user permissions, apps have the ability to listen to data streams from devices, control devices, generate alerts and emails, and learn. In the near future, apps will be able to ask users questions to gain additional context around the data.
To ensure app quality, our Composer SDK and app store has been designed to enable users to rate and provide feedback on apps, just like the Apple App Store.
- Analytics services add new value and features, and/or opens new markets for residential and business customers.
- Features can be added to connected products beyond what the manufacturer intended, enabling clients to differentiate themselves from other smart home services.
- Composer enables developers to create and customize apps, and allows end-users to provide immediate app feedback and rankings.
A mobile app framework to deliver a unified IoT experience.
Virtuoso is an app framework for iOS, Android and Web to enable the rapid deployment of compelling IoT services featuring your brand.
With a small team of psychologists and usability researchers, we start by empathizing with users through ethnography studies, gathering exploratory research around a specific problem scenario. Next, we perform concept testing through surveys against a wider group of users, enabling us to prioritize features and capture critical scenarios and feedback to influence the early stages of design. We then create low fidelity wireframe mockups, which our psychologists use to perform cognitive walk-throughs against individual test participants, allowing us to understand if the user’s mental model of how the app should work matches our designs. We perform the same type of cognitive walk through against high fidelity mock-ups of the app. Finally, we implement the app and perform interaction usability testing, making sure the app behaves and feels good to the user as they touch, feel, and interact with the mobile screen.
With Virtuoso, you can customize the user experience. For example, you can link customers directly to social media pages to form a better relationship, and the store functionality can be used to promote your devices and offerings.
Our own app, Presence, is a branded version of the Virtuoso framework.
Why is Virtuoso important?
- Virtuoso gives you the fastest time to market.
- Virtuoso is white label ready.
- Virtuoso is proven by the Presence-branded version.
- Virtuoso can expand dynamically to add new services to your ecosystem.
A command center to engage your customers and manage IoT services.
Maestro is a command center that enables device management and services across a large user base. Sign up users, support their needs, issue challenges and offer rewards to keep them engaged.
Our role based access allows administrators to manage users under their own organization, separate from other channels and super administrators have the power to deploy the capabilities of Maestro to multiple organizations granting each of them access to their own installation.
Why is Maestro so important?
- Maestro gives you the ability to manage your network of customers and devices, receive alerts, and view the status of your customer’s sensors.
- Maestro allows your users to sign up and become part of your organization, or be grouped according to your own configuration.
- Maestro enables you to communicate directly with your user’s through their smartphones and you can manage their in-app store.